Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New to Rougelikes?

I can't believe I forgot to introduce any of you to rougelikes. Rougelikes, as I used to say when I first found out about them, are really complicated RPG's. They require patience, intellect, and ,most of all, vigor. Four basic features of a rougelike are the need for food, permanent death (permadeath), huge variety of races, classes, and sub-classes (and such), and finally a variety of different leveling systems. Rougelikes have an endless variety of free games and modes. Most rougelikes have very little graphics at all (ASCII) and others (like Elona and Triangle wizard) have many more graphics.This Blog will help you to understand rougelikes especially if you want to get into rougelikes with my, soon to be many, summary reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment